Monday, July 25, 2005

Emergency Workout Kit

Create Your Own Emergency Workout Kit

I just finished reading "The Energy Addict" by Jon Gordon. This guy has a ton of energy! (You would hope so, right?) And not to mention it is a quick and easy read.

Jon goes around the country giving talks about how to bring more energy into your life and is pretty successful doing it. He's got Ken Blanchard on his side!

Anyway, one of his 101 tips on bringing more energy into your life really struck me as something that I'd like to tell other people about so they will always be prepared for an impromptu workout.

Jon carries around a bag in his car that he likes to call an "Energy Addict Kit." Inside are many different things that will help him through the day if he needs more energy. What I thought was fantastic is that two of the items are gym clothes and an extra pair of sneakers!

What a great idea! Anytime Jon feels like he needs to take a walk or a jog, or just workout for a half an hour, he's got the tools to do it. There are no more "I don't have my shoes" excuses with a kit like this. He can walk at lunchtime or take a diversion to a local park if he's stuck in traffic to workout until after rush hour. As a bonus, he can then enjoy the easy ride home!

I think putting one of these together will increase even my potential to squeeze in more quality workouts when I have some time to kill. I just got a new car and even before I put my jumper cables in the back I'm going to pack up my own kit so I'll always be prepared for a spontaneous workout!

I suggest you put one together as well so you don't have to stress about having an hour, but not having the gear.

Here are some of the other things you can carry in your bag of tricks:

  • A couple of bottles of water, in case you get thirsty.
  • A book you are reading, when you need a break from work or play.
  • A favorite CD.
  • A Walkman.
  • Your goals written on a sheet of paper.

You can put anything in there--just make sure it doesn't get too heavy!

Best,

Kevin

No comments: